Hello! I’m Abby Hand, proud Owner and Health Consultant at Hand Wellness, PLLC. I’m also a Masters prepared Registered Nurse and Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach – with about a million more training programs on the brain. My number-one character strength is love of learning! I leverage this asset to help myself, my family, and my friends make informed decisions about their health and wellness. With Hand Wellness, I get to reach beyond my community to help you, your family, and your friends explore what it means to live a life bursting with health and vitality. Find your strengths at the VIA Institute.
“No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.” -Maimonides
Hand Wellness specializes in helping women with autoimmune disease regain their health and wellbeing. Why? Because I’ve been there! I know just how hard it is to live with an “invisible illness”.
I also know that symptom reduction, improved quality of life, and even remission, are possible through lifestyle and behavioral change. I’ve seen it, I’ve studied it, and I’ve lived it. I believe, too, that the principles I use to manage my own autoimmune disease can be applied to a huge range of chronic conditions – from diabetes to high blood pressure, Hashimoto’s, PCOS and beyond.
- “No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.” -Maimonides
- Chronic disease can be managed, even resolved, through diet and lifestyle
- You cannot supplement your way out of a bad diet
- Walking is a gateway drug to exercise
- “Discipline equals freedom” – Jocko Willink
-  Registered Nurse (RN), University of Texas at Austin
-  Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a focus in Maternity Nursing, University of Texas at Austin
-  Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC), Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Coaching
- Functional Medicine
- Global Health
- Labor & Delivery
- Women’s Health
- Next… Epigenetic Health Coaching!
Lasting change is hard.
You don’t have to do it alone.
Let’s build something together!